Professor Cherng-Chyi Tzeng
Lab: Medicinal Chemistry Laboratory N841
Tel: 886-7-3121101 ext. 2123
Education and Experience:
B.S. in Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical College, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (1969 - 1973)
M.S. in Medicinal Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (1973 - 1975)
Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry, University of Rhode Island, USA (1981 - 1984)
Instructor, School of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medicinal College (KMC) (1977 - 1984)
Teaching Assistant, Graduate Institute of Chemistry, Arizona State University, USA (1980 - 1981)
Teaching Assistant, School of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, USA (1981 - 1983)
Research Fellow, School of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, USA (1983 - 1984)
Associate Professor and Acting Director, School of Pharmacy and Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, KMC (1984 - 1987)
Professor and Director, School of Pharmacy and Graduate Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, KMC (1987 - 1988)
Visiting Investigator, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Cornell University, USA (1988 – 1989)
Director, School of Chemistry, KMC (1990 - 1999)
Director, School of Chemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU) (1999 – July 2000)
Dean, College of Life Science, KMU (January 2000 –July 2006)
Dean, Office of General Affairs, KMU (August 2006-)
Design and synthesis of anticancer, anti-TB, and anti-osteoporotic agents
Principles of Medicinal Chemistry (for undergraduate)
Special Topics on Medicinal Chemistry (Master’s program)
Special Topics on Advanced medicinal Chemistry (Ph. D. program)
- Chang, KM; Chen, HH; Wang, TC; Chen, IL; Chen, YT; Yang, SC; Chen, YL; Chang, HH; Huang, CH; Chang, JY; Shih, C; Kuo, CC*; Tzeng, CC* (2015) Novel oxime-bearing coumarin derivatives act as potent Nrf2/ARE activators in vitro and in mouse model. . 106, 60-74.
- Chen, YR; Tseng, CH; Chen, YL; Hwang, TL; Tzeng, CC* (2015)Discovery of benzo[f]indole-4,9-dione derivatives as new type of anti-inflammatory agents. .16, 6532-6544.
- Lo, WF; Chou, YW; Tseng, CH; Shiu, YH; Chen,YW; Yang, SC; Yeh-Long Chen, YL; Lin, MF*; Tzeng, CC* (2015) Discovery of novel N-alkyl 4-anilinofuro[2,3-b]quinoline derivatives (CIL-102 derivatives) against castration-resistant human prostate cancers Anti-Cancer Agents in Med. Chem. 15, 493-500.
- Chang, KM; Liang, FP; Chen, IL; Yang, SC; Juang, SH; Wang, TC; Chen, YL; Tzeng, CC*Discovery of oxime-bearing naphthalene derivatives as a novel structural type of Nrf2 activators. 23, 3852-3859.
- Tseng CH, Tzeng CC, Chiu CC, Hsu CY, Chou CK, Chen YL* (2015)“Discovery of 2-[2-(5-nitrofuran-2-yl)vinyl]quinoline derivatives as a novel type of antimetastatic agents” Bioorg. Med. Chem. 22, 141-148. (SCI, IF2013 = 2.978, 15/54)
- Tseng, CH; Tzeng, CC; Hsu, CY; Cheng, CM; Yang, CN*; Chen, YL*. (2015) Discovery of 3-phenylquinolinylchalcone derivatives as potent and selective anticancer agents against breast cancers. . 97, 306-319.
- Chen, CL; Chen, IL; Chen, JJ; Wei, DC; Hsieh, HJ; Chang, KM; Tzeng, CC; Wang, TC. (2015) Studies on the alkylation of quinolin-2(1H)-one derivatives. J. Chil. Chem. Soc., 60, 2812-2816.
- Lin, RW; Yang, CN; Ku, SY; Ho,CJ; Huang, SB; Yang, MC; Chang, HW; Lin, CM; Hwang, JL; Chen, YL; Tzeng, CC*; Wang, CH* (2014). CFS-1686 causes cell cycle arrest at intra-S phase by interference of interaction of topoisomerase 1 with DNA. PLoS One9(12), e113832/1-e113832/14.
- Peng, HK; Lin, IL; Lee, CC; Wang, LY; Tzeng, CC; Chang, JG; Yang, SC (2014). Synthesis and antitumor activity evaluation of anilinoquinoline derivatives by the effect on the expression of polo-like kinase. . 23, 1437-1446. (SCI, IF = 1.612).
- Chen, LC; Juang, SH; Chang, KM; Tzeng, CC; Chen, JJ; Chen, IL; Wang, TC (2014). Synthesis and Antiproliferative Evaluation of Amide-Containing Anthraquinone, Xanthone, and Carbazole. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 62, 106–111.
- Tseng, CH; Tzeng, CC; Chiu, CC; Yang, CL; Lu, PJ; Chou, CK; Liu, CY; Chen, YL (2014). Synthesis and antiproliferative evaluation of 9-methoxy-6-(piperazin-1-yl)-11H-indeno[1,2-c]quinoline-11-one derivatives. Part 4. MedChemComm. 5, 937-948.
- Liu, YP; Chen, HL; Tzeng, CC; Lu, PJ; Lo, CW; Lee, YC; Tseng, CH; Chen, YL; Yang, CN (2013). TCH-1030 targeting on topoisomerase I induces S-phase arrest, DNA fragmentation, and cell death of breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res. Treat 138(2), 383-393. (IF = 4.431)
- Tseng, CH; Tzeng, CC; Yang, CL; Lu, PJ; Liu, YP; Chen, HL; Chen, CY; Yang, CN; Chen, YL (2013). Discovery of indeno[1,2-c]quinoline derivatives as dual topoisomerases I/II inhibitors: Part 3. . 17, 781-799. (SCI, IF = 2.861, 13/71, CHEMISTRY, APPLIED)
- Peng, HK; Chen, WC; Lin, YT; Tseng, CK; Yang, SY; Tzeng, CC; Lee, JC; Yang, SC (2013). Anti-hepatitis C virus RdRp activity and replication of novel anilinobenzothiazole derivatives. Antiviral Res. 100, 269-275.
- Tseng, CH; Chen, YL; Hsu, CY; Chen, TC; Cheng, CM; Tso, HC; Lu, YJ; Tzeng CC* (2013). Synthesis and antiproliferative evaluation of 3-phenylquinolinylchalcone derivatives against non-small cell lung cancers and breast cancers. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 59, 274-282. (IF = 3.499, 13/59, Chemistry, Medicinal)
- Tseng, CH; Cheng, CM; Tzeng, CC; Peng, SI.; Yang, CL; Chen, YL (2013) Synthesis and anti-inflammatory evaluations of β-lapachone derivatives. 21(2), 523-531. (IF = 2.921, 17/56, Chemistry, Organic)
- Peng, HK; Chen, WC; Lee, JC; Yang, SY; Tzeng, CC; Lin, YT; Yang, SC (2013) Novel anilinocoumarin derivatives as agents against hepatitis C virus by the induction of IFN-mediated antiviral responses. 11(11), 1858-1866. (IF = 3.451, 12/56, CHEMISTRY, ORGANIC)
- Chen YL, Tseng CH, Lu YC, Lin RW,Chen CF, Wang GJ,Ho ML, Tzeng CC* (2013) “Synthesis of Aminoalkoxy Substituted 4,5-Diphenylisoxazole Derivatives as Potential Anti-osteoporotic Agents” Med. Chem. 9, 748-755. (SCI, IF = 1.373, 48/59, CHEMISTRY, MEDICINAL)
- Tseng CH; LiCY; Chiu CC; Hu HT; Chen YL; Tzeng CC* (2012). Combretastatin A-4 Derivatives: Synthesis and Evaluation of 2,4,5-Triary-1H-Imidazoles as Potential Agents Against H1299 (Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer). Mol. Divers. 16(4), 697-709. (IF = 3.153, 9/71)
- Tseng CH; Chen YL; Yang CL; Cheng CM; Han CH; Tzeng CC*(2012). Synthesis of 6-Substituted 9-Methoxy-11H-indeno[1,2-c]quinoline-11-one Derivatives as Potential Anticancer Agents. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20, 4397-4404. (IF = 2.903, 16/59)
- Tsai, YR; Huang, LJ; Lee, MR; Chen, YL; Kuo, SC; Tzeng, CC; Hsu, MF; Wang, JP (2012). The Signaling Mechanisms Mediating the Inhibitory Effect of TCH-1116 on Formyl Peptide-Stimulated Superoxide Anion Generation in Neutrophils Eur. J. Pharmacol. 682, 171-180. (IF = 2.516, 108/261)
- Fang, YP; Wu, PC; Tzeng, CC; Chen, YL; Lin, HL; Tsai, YH (2012). A New Antitumor Agent, (3-Chloro-7-methoxyfuro[2,3-b]-quinolin-4-yl)- (4-methoxyphenyl)amine Loaded in Solid Liquid Nanoparticles: Characterization and Pharmacokinetics. Curr. Nanosci. 8, 266-273. (IF = 1.776, 76/231)
- Fang, YP; Wu, PC; Huang, YB; Tzeng, CC; Chen, YL; Hung, YH; Tsai, MJ; Tsai, YH. (2012) Modification of polyethylene glycol onto solid lipid nanoparticles encapsulating a novel chemotherapeutic agent (PK-L4) to enhance solubility for injection delivery
- Tseng, CH; Tzeng, CC; Shih, PK; Yang, CN; Chuang, YC; Peng, SI.; Lin, CS; Wang, JP; Cheng, CM; Chen, YL (2012). Identification of Furo[3',2':3,4]naphtho[1,2-d]imidazole Derivatives as Orally Active and Selective Microsomal Prostaglandin E2 Synthase-1 Inhibitors (mPGES-1).. 16, 215-229. (IF = 3.153, 9/71)
- Peng, HK; Lin, CK; Yang, SY; Tseng, CK; Tzeng, CC; Lee, JC; Yang, SC (2012). Synthesis and Anti-HCV Activity Evaluation of Anilinoquinoline Derivatives (IF = 2.554, 21/56)
- Tseng CH; Tzeng CC*; Chung KY; Kao CL; Hsu CY; Cheng CM; Huang KS; Chen YL (2011). Synthesis and antiproliferative evaluation of 6-aryl- 11-iminoindeno[1,2-c]quinoline derivatives. 19, 7653-7663.
- Chen, YW; Chen, YL; Tseng, CH; Liang, CC; Yang, CN; Yao, YC; Lu, PJ; Tzeng CC*. 54, 4446-4461. (IF = 5.207, 3/54)
- Tseng CH, Lin RW,Chen YL, Wang GJ,Ho ML, Tzeng CC* (2011) “Discovery of Indeno[1,2-c]quinoline Derivatives as Inhibitors of Osteoclastogenesis Induced by Receptor Activator of NF-kB Ligand (RANKL)” J. Med. Chem. 54, 3103-3107. (IF = 5.207, 3/54)
- Tseng CH, Chen YL, Chung KY, Wang CH, Peng SI, Cheng CM, Tzeng CC* (2011) “Synthesis and antiproliferative evaluation of 2,3-diarylquinoline derivatives” Org. Biomol. Chem. 9, 3205-3216. (IF = 3.451, 12/56)
- Chen, PY; Wang, TP; Chiang, MY.; Huang, KS; Tzeng, CC; Chen, YL; Wang, EC. (2011) “Environmentally Benign Syntheses of Flavanones” Tetrahedron 67, 4155-4160. (IF = 3.011, 14/56)