Fully Funded Short-Term Research Internship (STRI) Program in Medicinal & Applied Chemistry at Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU), Taiwan
The Ministry of Education-Taiwan, launched a new program titled “Taiwan Experience Education Program at INDIA (TEEP@India)" to welcome Indian students to join and explore different universities and colleges in Taiwan for short term professional internship. This STRI@KMU Program in Medicinal & Applied Chemistry program is promoted, funded, and approved by MOE (the Ministry of Education, Taiwan), proposed and organized by KMU, and co-organized and supported by TEEP@India and Elite Study in Taiwan (ESIT).
KMU was the first private medical university in Taiwan, established at 1954 and has a multicultural and bilingual environment with international students from more than 50 countries. The Department of Medicinal and Applied Chemistry was established on 1990 and possess more than 20 professors in 5 research areas covering all chemistry domains. And the department Ranked No#1 for medicinal and applied chemistry field in Taiwan and possess large number international students and have great research interaction with medicine (4 affiliated KMU hospitals).
The STRI@KMU Program is specifically designed for Indian students/scholars to experience and explore KMU in depth in a short time (4-6 months) through research and study activities at department of medicinal and applied chemistry, KMU, Taiwan. The STRI@KMU program highlights short term research experiences and English teaching curriculum by (1) intern at various research labs at different fields of advanced medicinal chemistry research areas, (2) exploring and handling of various advanced research equipments at KMU, (3) great research interaction with medicine and learning advanced medicinal chemistry courses. In addition to gaining professional knowledge and skills, this STRI@KMU program also offers great opportunities to continue to pursue higher education at KMU and for participating students to learn Chinese, improve their language proficiency, and gain understating of Taiwanese culture.
|Program:||Short-Term Research Internship (STRI) Program|
|Field:||Medicinal & Applied Chemistry|
|School:||Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU), Taiwan|
|Organizer:||Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU), Taiwan|
|Co-Organizer:||Taiwan Experience Education Program at INDIA|
|Total Intern Positions:||
1) Round-trip airfare offered up to NTD 20,000
2) Free accommodation is provided.
3) Grant of NTD 3~4,000 per student per month are available for living cost.
4) Free Medical Insurance during the intern stay
5) Free access to Research facilities.
6) Attending Conferences and Special Lectures are available.
|Dormitory Information:||International Dormitory at KMU (2 or 4 students/room)|
1. Must hold Indian Citizenship
2. Current undergraduates/graduates (master/doctoral) students or graduated/degree holders of Bachelors/Masters/PhD or company/industry workers are eligible to apply for this internship
3. Educational Background must be in Chemistry (any branches) or related to Chemical Sciences-Organic/ Inorganic/Pharmaceutical/Polymers/Materials/Medicinal/ Analytical/Physical/Bio-Chemistry.
For further academic and research related questions, Please contact Professor Kumar (email@example.com)